PostNet 25th Birthday Competition
Terms & Conditions
Competition Name: PostNet 25th Birthday Competition
Organisers Name(s): This promotional competition ("Competition") is organised and run by PostNet (Pty) Limited ("PostNet"), including its affiliates, partners, associations and agents (collectively, the "Organisers").
Please read these rules carefully. If you take part in this Competition these rules will apply to you and you agree that the Organisers can assume that you have read and agreed to be legally bound by these Competition rules.
1. Subject to applicable laws, by entering this Competition, participants agree:
1.1. that the Organisers will not be responsible for any damage, loss, harm or claim relating to the participation in the Competition or the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
1.2. to indemnify the Organisers for any loss or damage that the Organisers or any other party may suffer as a result of the participant's participation in this Competition or breach of these rules, including consequential and economic loss.
1.3. that the Organisers have the right to vary, postpone, suspend or end this Competition and the prizes which have not been subject to a draw at any time without notice.
1.4. that the Organisers do not make any representations or give any warranties, express or implied, as to the prize and make no representations and give no warranty that an entry will result in a participant winning a prize. Although care has been taken to ensure that the prize is of good quality, the prize is provided "as is" and the Organisers will not be liable to repair or replace any defective prizes.
1.5. that the Organisers will not be responsible for any harm, loss, damage or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
1.6. that the prize is not transferable to another person and may not be deferred.
1.7. that ownership and risk relating to the prize passes to the winning participant on delivery.
2. If the winners fail to comply with any of these Competition rules or the terms of acceptance of the prizes, or any other documentation required to effect delivery of the prize, the winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. The Organisers may in their discretion decide to draw a replacement winner.
3. The Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any participant suspected of fraud or cheating, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
4. The right of admission into the Competition rests solely with the Organisers.
5. In the event of your death during this Competition you will automatically be disqualified from the Competition. You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependents, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold the Organisers and its suppliers harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this Competition and/or acceptance and/or use of the prize, unless to the extent prohibited in law.
6. These rules and this Competition are governed by the law of the Republic of South Africa. Any queries pertaining to this Competition can be addressed in writing to Graeme Saunders at PostNet SA, 92 Augrabies Road, Waterfall Office Park, Bekker Road, Midrand 1682, telephonically on (011) 207-2900 or via email at graeme@Postnetsa.co.za. Participants should send any legal notices to PostNet's Legal Department at 92 Augrabies Road, Waterfall Office Park, Bekker Road, Midrand 1682.
7. The Competition is open for entry to all South African residents with a valid South African identification document over the age of 18 and legal entities registered in terms of the laws of South Africa with valid registration documentation. Any person who is under the age of 18 years (a minor) must obtain the consent of a parent or legal guardian to enter and qualify as a participant for the Competition. All participants must have a valid South African bank account.
8. The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Competition:
8.1. employees of the Organisers and its advertising and/or promotional agencies that form part of this Competition;
8.2. any director, member, partner, agent of, or consultant of the Organisers;
8.3. any other person who directly or indirectly controls the Organisers;
8.4. any supplier of goods and services in connection with this Competition; and
8.5. the spouse, life partner, siblings, children, or parents of any of the persons named in this clause 8.
How to enter
9. This is a Short Message Service (SMS) based competition. Entry will only be via SMS and all South African networks are supported. The Organisers will confirm each entry via SMS to all successful participants.
10. To enter this Competition, all participants are required to –
10.1. spend at least R25 (VAT inclusive) or more in any PostNet store;
10.2. SMS the code-word 'PN25' together with the PostNet STORE NAME, the PostNet TILL-SLIP NUMBER and your full name and surname or registered business name (as reflected in your identity document or registration documents) to 48425;
10.3. have a valid South African bank account; and
10.4. retain their till-slip as proof of entry.
11. No responsibility will be accepted for any entry that is not delivered or received by the Organisers or is delayed or damaged due to technical reasons or otherwise. Proof of sending of the SMS is not proof of receipt of the SMS by the Organisers. Subject to the remainder of these rules, your entry is only valid once confirmed via return SMS from the Organisers.
12. Each SMS will be charged at a standard rate of R1.50. Free SMSes do not apply and cannot be used to submit an entry to the Competition. By entering this Competition, it will be deemed that the account payer has agreed to the SMS charges. The participant will be liable for any SMSes submitted to the Organisers that contain errors or that are otherwise invalid.
13. This Competition will run for a limited time, from 18 August 2019 to 30 September 2019 and will close at 23:59 on Monday the 30th of September 2019. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
Entry and prize limitations
14. 1 (one) till-slip equals 1 (one) entry. Only one entry per till-slip will be accepted and any additional entries in respect of that till-slip will be disregarded by the Organisers, regardless of whether a confirmatory SMS was sent by the Organisers and participants may still be charged for any such entries. Any duplicate till-slip numbers will be removed from the list of entries when selecting the winners.
15. Participants may enter the Competition multiple times, provided that each entry is in respect of a separate till-slip.
16. Regardless of the amount of entries submitted, participants will only be entitled to 1 (one) prize per weekly draw.
17. Entries for each week must be submitted to the Organisers during the same week of purchase before 23h59 on the Thursday before the prize draws take place on the Friday (on the dates set out in paragraph 28). Any entries submitted after 23h59 on the Thursday before the prize draws take place will not be considered for that weekly prize draw.
18. Each valid entry is only included in the weekly prize draw for the week in which the qualifying purchase was made. In order to be eligible to receive a weekly prize for each week of the Competition, participants must make a qualifying purchase and submit a valid entry each week. To be clear: an entry received during week 1 of the Competition (for example) will only be included in the week 1 weekly prize draw (and the grand prize draw), but will not be included in the weekly prize draws for weeks 2 – 6. To be eligible for a prize in weeks 2 – 6, participants must submit a valid entry in each week.
19. All entries, including previous winners of the weekly draws, will be eligible for the grand prize draw.
Prizes and Competition Draw
20. There will be 25 (twenty five) cash prizes drawn per week for 6 weeks and one grand cash prize draw in week 7. The total value of the prizes to be won during this Competition is R 500,000 (five hundred thousand South African Rand).
21. The weekly prize draw winners will receive their respective cash prize into a South African bank account as specified by the winner, unless otherwise agreed.
22. The weekly cash prizes will be as follows:
22.1. 13 (thirteen) x R 1,000 (one thousand Rand) prizes
22.2. 6 (six) x R 2,000 (two thousand Rand) prizes
22.3. 4 (four) x R 5,000 (five thousand Rand) prizes
22.4. 1 (one) x R 10,000 (ten thousand Rand) prize
22.5. 1 (one) x R 20,000 (twenty thousand Rand) prize
23. The grand prize drawn in the seventh week will be 1 (one) prize of R 50,000 (fifty thousand South African Rand).
24. The prizes do not cover any other costs that the winner may incur in the entry process or in the process of claiming and taking ownership of the prize. The winner is liable for any costs incurred in receiving the prize.
25. To the extent that any taxes, levies or duties may be levied on a prize by the state or any other government or regulatory body, the winners will be liable therefore and the Organisers will not increase the value of the prize to compensate for such charges.
Selecting the winners
26. Winners will be selected by a random system-generated-draw overseen by an independent party in terms of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008.
27. The Organisers have the right to validate each winning entry.
28. The draws will take place on a Friday each week as follows:
28.1. Week 1 – 23 August 2019
28.2. Week 2 – 30 August 2019
28.3. Week 3 – 06 September 2019
28.4. Week 4 – 13 September 2019
28.5. Week 5 – 20 September 2019
28.6. Week 6 – 27 September 2019
28.7. Week 7 – 04 October 2019 (Grand prize draw)
29. All winners will be contacted via telephone on the telephone number used to send the SMS within 3 (three) working days of each draw taking place. This applies to the weekly and the grand prize draws.
30. The Organisers will make 3 (three) attempts to contact and notify the selected winners telephonically. If the selected winners cannot be contacted personally after 3 (three) attempts, the winner will forfeit the prize and a replacement winner will be contacted. This process shall continue until a winner has been contacted in terms of the Competition rules.
31. The cash prizes will be paid directly into the winner's bank account within 15 (fifteen) working days of being notified as a winner, and subject to the winner complying with the requirements set out in clause 32 below.
32. In addition, and in the event that a winner is ineligible to accept a prize in terms of the Competition rules or is unable or fails to accept a prize for any reason whatsoever, a replacement winner, selected from the remaining qualifying entries in accordance with the same process as applicable to the original draw, will be selected and contacted.
33. The Organisers reserve the right to select an alternative winner in the event that they reasonably believe, in their sole discretion, that the drawn winner has contravened any of the Competition rules. The Organisers' decision shall be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Prize redemption and further communication to winners
34. The winners will be required to present the following to the Organisers within 15 (fifteen) working days of date notified as a winner in order to be confirmed a winner and receive their prize –
34.1. Completed Prize Winner Declaration Form made available to the winner by the Organisers;
34.2. Positive identification to the Organisers (copy of identity document/passport/registration documents) as detailed on the Prize Winner Declaration Form; and
34.3. Copy of the till-slip corresponding to the winning entry.
35. The prize and all details pertaining to the prize will be arranged with the winner via email and/or telephonic correspondence.
36. The winners will be given the opportunity to agree to the publication of their name on the PostNet website and on electronic media for advertising purposes. The winners may also be requested to have their image published and/or to participate in marketing activities, but the winner may refuse either such requests.
37. By entering the Competition, the participants agree to the Organisers processing their personal information for purposes of administering the Competition and acknowledge that the Organisers will retain their personal information for the periods required by applicable laws. In the event of a participant wishing to exercise any rights in respect of their personal information held by the Organisers, participants can contact Graeme Saunders at PostNet SA, 92 Augrabies Road, Waterfall Office Park, Bekker Road, Midrand 1682, or telephonically on (011) 207-2900 or via email at graeme@Postnetsa.co.za.
38. All details of this Competition are available on the PostNet website at www.PostNet.co.za.